Skip to main content
Superintendent Candidate Position Reposted
Click here to find the Sheridan Superintendent Reposted Position
Voice Recognition

ASSET Program

ASSET Program


ASSET stands for Advancing Students for a Stronger Economy Tomorrow.  This important legislation (Senate Bill 13-033 - The ASSET bill) provides an additional pathway for Colorado students to qualify for instate tuition at Colorado institutions of higher education. Colorado high school graduates or GED recipients who attended at least three years of high school in Colorado and are admitted into a public college or university in Colorado within 12 months of graduation may be considered to qualify for instate tuition.


Students without lawful presence in the United State who qualify for in-state tuition under ASSET must also complete an affidavit stating that he/she has met the ASSET requirements and will apply for lawful presence as soon as he/she is eligible to do so. ASSET students are eligible to receive a College Opportunity Fund (COF) stipend and may be eligible for private or institutional aid.


For more information on ASSET, please contact your student's high school counselor.